Iridium 9603 is the world's smallest commercially available two-way satellite data transceiver, designed for applications where space is at a premium— and communication is critical.
Small transceiver - Huge potential.
With the smallest form factor of any commercial satellite transceiver available today, Iridium 9603 is ideal for space constrained uses, including fixed, mobile and battery powered applications. One-fourth the volume and half the footprint of its predecessor, Iridium 9603 combines the global coverage of the Iridium satellite constellation with the low latency of the Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) service to provide highly reliable satellite communications from pole to pole.
Why push boundaries when you can erase them instead?
Iridium 9603 redefines the spatial possibilities of satellite communications devices, delivering significant data capabilities and good value. Bringing more opportunities to expand the Iridium connected user base, Iridium 9603 delivers:
- Mobile-originated messages (up to 340 bytes)
- Mobile-terminated messages (up to 270 bytes)
- Low, uniform global latency (less than 1 minute)
How it works
A single-board core transceiver, Iridium 9603 provides solution developers with the ability to integrate additional end-user functions such as GPS, microprocessor-based logic control, digital and analog inputs and outputs, power supply and antenna. The Iridium 9603 transceiver does not incorporate or require a SIM card. Its device interface consists of a serial interface, power input, network available output and power on/off control line.
Iridium 9603 shines in tight spaces, making it ideal for solutions in personnel and asset tracking, fleet management, environment and safety monitoring, and remote automation and control. Designed, certified, manufactured and sold by Iridium – and compliant with industry standards in North America and Europe – it can be integrated into a variety of wireless data applications.
Iridium 9603 is uniquely designed to support the Iridium's Short Burst Data service, backed by unmatched network quality and deployed in mission critical applications, everywhere.
- Length: 31.5 mm
- Width: 29.6 mm
- Depth: 8.1 mm
- Weight: 11.4 g
- Operating temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Operating humidity range: ≤ 75% RH
- Storage temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Storage humidity range: ≤ 93 % RH
- Frequency range: 1616 to 1626.5 MHz
- Duplexing method: TDD (Time Domain Duplex)
- Input/output impedance: 50Ω
- Multiplexing method: TDMA/FDMA
- Supply input voltage range: 5.0V +/- .5V DC
- Supply input voltage ripple: <40mV pp
- Idle Current (peak): 156mA
- Idle Current (average): 34mA
- Transmit Current (peak): 1.3 A
- Transmit Current (average): 145mA
- Receive Current (peak): 156mA
- Receive Current (average): 39mA
- SBD message transfer - average current: 158mA
- SBD message transfer - average power: <= 0.8 W